Thursday, February 7, 2008

You Want A Soapbox? You Got One!

You make music? Keep reading.

I keep huffing and puffing about the mindset of American Idol, the lack of substantial music striking the right chords with young America these days, etc. But the recent news about local band Innerpartysystem taking the leap of faith to a major label gave me an idea.

Lets see what else is around here. You in a band? Send me what you got. I want to hear what is around here. don't care if it's a cassette with just you and guitar. I don't care if you're signed to a major label or never played a live show in your life. Heck, I don't even care if you're local or not. If you're reading this in Russia, go ahead and send something! Then we'll try to book you a show here in Phoenixville or something. Mail here:

Chris March
The Mercury
24 N. Hanover Street
Pottstown, PA 19464

Send me some of you music, include a little bio and some info if you like. Everyone that sends something will get profiled right here on this site. I'll post an mp3 or two, post upcoming shows, describe your sound, etc. It doesn't matter if I like your style or not, I'd rather hear hungry artists trying to find their sound than nothing at all. I won't Simon Cowell you, but I will try my journalistic best to cut to the heart of what you're trying to do with your music.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home