Monday, February 4, 2008

One of those "I told you so" sort of things


Remember when I told you to go see local starheads InnerPartySystem play at the Pottstown Firehouse a few months ago? Well, someone listened. Our little local fish (they're from Reading, dude) have been washed into the big major label pond.

Not only are they now signed to Island Records, but they're recording their debut with Alan Moulder. Let me type that out again. ALAN MOULDER. That's not just some schmuck in Iowa with GarageBand on his computer. That's a aurally awesome dude that helped make some amazing records for U2, Nine Inch Nails, The Killers, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, My Bloody Valentine, and even Gary Numan, among quite a few others. He's the perfect set of ears to guide a band with such simmering electricity flying around in their wild sound. He should be like a lightning rod to them.

Now I've interviewed a couple major bands (The Killers included), I've hung out backstage and even become pals with a few bands here and there. But this bit of news has starstriken my little mind more than any of that. I'm fried with anxiety and excitement over this. Why? I'm wierd, that's why.

But also, because some of the members of this band should have already been here years ago. If you remember Thirteen Over Eight, you know what I'm talking about. That band SHOULD have made it, more than InnerPartySystem. But they broke up when they were blowing up, and years later, some of those dudes started it back up, revamped and stylistcally reshaped to be more Killers and electro than Deftones and screamo. And now here we are, getting validation. That's why I'm excited. It's like something I used to carry around in my back pocket just got printed in TIME Magazine. It's like I've been waching a flower grow since the seed was first put into the dirty Berks County ground.

I can't wait to see what happens. The party is inside, folks.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey big bro, just went and listened to some of their songs, and I loved them! Although I shouldn't be surprised that I love a band that you recommend.

February 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home