Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marvel adapts "Where's Waldo" into series of movies


Nick Fury's incognito appearance was pretty big nerd news to Iron Man movie goers. But now I gotta go back and watch this stinking movie again because apparently there's ANOTHER tucked away cameo buried in the film, from yet ANOTHER Avenger...

Well, sorta.

And looks like he'll be showing up (again, sorta) in the Hulk, as will Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark.

I wonder if we can attribute any big hammers or lightning bolts in either movie as Thor cameos?

It's total Where's Waldo.

All I've gotta say is that Marvel taking the leather reigns to make their movies on their own dollar is the best thing to happen to geeks in decades. Avengers unite!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dominique (Nikki) Minor said...

Thanks for checking out the blog, and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. I was inspired to write it after a rather lengthy e-mail exchange with a friend of mine. He kept harping on the notion that whatever critics write boil down to personal opinion. Of course, it hit a sensitive spot for me, because it is what I do, and what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Your e-mails brings up a very good point: sticking to the truth. I believe, musicians and music writers should be held to a standard. Writers are there to report and write truthfully, and musicians are there to produce quality music. One simply can not work without the other. However, I hate that music writers are often written off (no pun intended), as hacks who only want to write their personal opinions. The objective of good music writing has nothing to do with that.

I personally like, and appreciate, your approach to record reviewing. I think too many reviewers write off albums that "aren't their thing" far too quickly. It may not be your thing, but it is someone else's thing. It's your job as a writer to give them an honest, fair, and balanced review. It is our job to sift the white noise, and tell them what's worth buying, what's not, why, and reveal its meaning beyond the surface level. The only albums that deserve a "black box" rating should be reserved for those make boring music, or are extremely pious.

If I had to review an album by Rihanna or Britney Spears, I would give the music a chance. As mindless as their music is, it's still music (and I use that term loosely here), and there could possibly some validity in it. It's very rare that I will listen to a CD and there is absolutely not one redeeming quality (which would be the case for either pop starlet). Whether it's the catchy beats, or ....well, catchy beats, there's got to be something interesting about it. That's why I love writing about music, there's always a challenge.

Keep on rockin' and writing :)

May 16, 2008 at 3:33 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home