Thursday, March 6, 2008

Where's Robbie?

Hey look, here's a still shot from the upcoming Tropic Thunder, which stars Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr., and a very Natural Born Killers-looking Jack Black as actors who get caught in a real war and have to drop their act and be the real deal.

But, waaaait a tick, where's Robbie Downey here? I see Jack, an African American, and the Rambofied Stiller. OOOOHHH! Downey's the one who looks like an aged Tim Meadows? wtf!

I gotta say, that's pretty darn authentic. I'm curious to see this one. Look for it in theaters this August.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dominique (Nikki) Minor said...

That is some good make-up. I didn't even recognize RDJ. Based on the way he and Jack Black looks, I have to see it. My curiousity must be quenched, lol. Thanks for the Kayne clip. It was pretty damn funny. Anyone who can trump Kanye West in bling is awesome by default.

March 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks exactly like Tim Meadows. Jack Black reminds me of Bruce Willis in "The Jackal" in that pic. If you do a google image search, it looks like he combined the blonde hair and round-ish sunglasses that Willis sports in that flick. Come to think of it, Jack Black was in that movie.

March 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the other writers on Highbrid Nation wrote about Robert Downy playing a black man in Tropical Thunder. He worries that Al Sharpton might have something to say about it, lol. Honestly as a black person I think it's kinda cool that movie make-up has gotten to the point where you can make someone look like another race and if the pics I've seen of Robert Downy in costume are accurate than they did a really good job! Plus Robert is a very capable actor so I'm sure he wont come across as stereo typical or offensive. I could be wrong though.

March 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home