Monday, April 14, 2008

Alotta Nada! The mix tape

Nada Surf tunes have been lining the walls and wailing through open windows all around me today. Which could mean it's a regular day, if you wanna be honest, but it's not. No, there's a reason the best one-hit-wonder-of-the-grunge-era-turned-thoughtful-indie-rock-slicksters are getting cranked wherever I go today. If I were mayor of Nada Surf town, I'd be giving them the key to the city today. It's Nada Surf Day!

And don't cry if you missed it, dude, there's always tomorrow! No one said Nada Surf Day could be one day only. Psh!

So I put together a tight little mix of the band's boldest jams, gems, and fireballs. Or atleast, as far as I'm concerned. I surely could have made it a billion different ways, but it's a pretty rad order and selection if I do say so myself. I tried to tie their entire career into it with some surprises and think it turned out pretty fantastic. It stretches from their swampy hyper-grunge roots to their unique warm-hearted pop rock of today, with some pleasant surprises sprinkled in the middle.

Go ahead, kid, go listen to the Alotta Nada! Mix Tape.

And if ya dig, come back a little later. I'll have an mp3 or two up to go along with my comprehensive show review of their show last night in Philly, which marked the end of their US "Lucky" tour.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome mix...can i say again just how jealous i was

April 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM 
Blogger Mercury Muncher said...

how jealous were you again?

April 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home