Thursday, December 20, 2007

PREGGERS!


I think I realized my favorite word of the year last night. We've seen it all year long in gossip stories about J. Lo, Jessica Alba, and Christina Aguilera.. But last night, it broke into the mainstream news media and made me realize it's the ultimate word of 2007. Drum roll please...

"Preggers"


It was on CNN last night as a headline about the teen pregnancy of lil' Britney Spears -- "Britney's lil' sis is preggers." PREGGERS!? In big bold print on CNN! I don't make this stuff up.

For an 'official' definition of preggers, here's what the Urban Dictionary has to say about that (#6 being my favorite).

I don't even know what the biggest story here is now. Whether the famous kid sis has now joined the growing stable of hollywood trainwrecked starlets with her big sis or whether "the most trusted name in news" is dipping into words like "preggers."

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This term has been around for decades in Britain. It may not have shown up on U.S. TV before, but it's not new.

December 20, 2007 at 7:45 PM 
Blogger Mercury Muncher said...

Well I wasn't suggesting it was a new word. Merely one that was big in American tabloids this year, and fun to say.

December 21, 2007 at 9:22 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. It made me vomit in my mouth. My wife and I jokingly say this to each other when we are discussing how dumb the media has gotten. This phrase has annoyed me for nearly a year now. I literally have never turned on CNN since I saw this. Now I just get news online from other sources. U R SO TARDED CNN LOL.

December 6, 2008 at 9:20 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home